Goal: Participants will learn the basics of handgun safety, nomenclature of a revolver and semi-automatic pistol, appropriate use of deadly force, conflict resolution, and basic
Upon completion of the 9 hour basic concealed carry course, the participant will:
- Learn and list the 17 components of a revolver.
- Learn and list the 15 components of a semi-automatic pistol.
- List the 7 basic fundamentals of handgun marksmanship.
- List the 4 components of a handgun cartridge.
- List 8 types of shooting positions with or without cover and concealment.
- List proper techniques for safely storing firearms in the vehicle and in the home.
- List and identify types of locking devices to prevent child access to firearms.
- Demonstrate safe operation of your firearm while safely loading and firing 12 rounds at 6 feet, 10 feet, and 15 feet (a total of 36 rounds) with 100% accuracy and reloading at least once.
- Identify in what situations deadly force can and cannot be used.
- List the LA Revised Statutes concerning deadly force and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrate safe disassembly of a revolver and semi-automatic handgun for cleaning.